Sunday, October 1, 2017

She Was There, I Promise

In June, my son and I participated in the Finish on the 50 5k at Arrowhead Stadium.  

Before we went to the starting line, I asked my son to take our photo.  A photo in which I was holding Miss Lake.  Luke took the shot, shut off the phone and off we went to walk/run 3.4 miles.  The best part of the race is getting on the field by way of the player's tunnel and having our picture on the Jumbo-Tron.  

The worst part?  At the finish line, the bastards ran out. of. water.  How does that even happen?  I lost about 20 gallons of sweat and there was no water at the finish line.  The organizers are lucky I didn't drop dead upon hearing the news.  Had I though, Luke might have gotten a free ticket or two to a Chiefs game.  He might have thought it was all worth it.

It was only later that we realized in Luke's effort to make sure both he and I were in the frame, he cut Miss Lake out!   He promised to work on his selfie skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment