Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Kansas is NOT Texas. Kansas is NOT Southern California.


Three thousand four hundred and seven miles.
Miss Lake was there for half of them.

Every mile driven without incident.
Until....

60 miles from home, I hit 2 deer.  Yep.  TWO deer.
Miss Lake was in the back seat longing for the warmth of Texas and the relative calmness of Ray's  custody.

The deer were small and the damage was minor.  Both animals got up and ran away, but I am sure they were looking for a deer chiropractor.  After being cleared by the Kansas Highway Patrol, I drove the rest of the way home.  The only evidence of the incident being 2 small dents in my hood and a bit of deer hair (hair? fur? fuzz?) stuck in my grill.

The silver lining?  I had a sort of rattling noise under my car that has disappeared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment