Saturday, January 21, 2017

Women's March in Topeka

Today, Miss Lake joined me (and 4,000 of my closest friends - - not bad for Kansas) in the Women's March at the State Capitol in Topeka.

I had the perfect shirt to wear.  I don't wear it very often as there is a definite danger of being run over by a truck when I have it on (again, I'm in Kansas).  I figured today I would be safe.

Becca and Sarah, newlyweds and new friends of Miss Lake!

Kansas State alumni and Miss Lake.

I still haven't quite mastered holding Miss Lake AND taking a picture.  Just think, but next January, I'll be really good at this!


I used my elevator speech with this guy and he not only agreed to have his picture taken with Miss Lake, he suggested he turn around so the capitol would be in the background.

 Are you wondering if the governor was around?  Yeah, he wasn't.  
If you watched the inauguration of he who will not be named and saw a goofy looking guy a couple of rows back in an ugly orange tie, THAT was our governor.  



No comments:

Post a Comment